- Chef Robin
|Snowflaked crisp on Tom Yum Soup|
- Buy some 5 inch spring roll wrappers
- Fold them in squares and cut sections out of them like you did when you were five. Or if you are so ancient that you've forgotten, follow these instructions - How to make snowflakes
- Heat some peanut oil to deep fry them in - 375F
- Unfold snowflakes and set in to deep fry one at a time till golden brown
- Lift out carefully and drain onto paper towels
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind 1 clove garlic and 1 red Thai chili into a paste, add 1/4 cup salt and grind the flavours into the salt. You can grind any spice into salt, or a fresh herb like cilantro even.
- Sprinkle salt on to each snowflake
- Serve on top of tom yum soup, tom ka gai.. or some other soup you've been craving.